Why Hire a Lactation Consultant?
My philosophy is based on providing guidance for mothers & family members to honor their breastfeeding goals. I help strengthen each woman's confidence in her natural mothering abilities & support a healing, nurturing environment for all members of the communities I serve.
- An Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is trained to help mothers and babies work through a full spectrum of breastfeeding issues, before and after birth.
- Home visits are a wonderful alternative for mothers who prefer a private setting or who find it challenging to make it to an office or group. As your lactation consultant I will individually tailor a plan for you and your baby.
- Attending a breastfeeding class with your primary support person improves breastfeeding success!
What is an IBCLC?
Someone who has accumulated hundreds of hours providing clinical lactation counseling. In addition they must pass an internationally board certified examination covering current, evidence based information and evaluation skills.This credential is the highest standard currently available.
Devorah Bianchi RN, IBCLC, ANLC has been a practicing nurse for over 13 years at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles and New York Methodist Hospital, before returning Sacred Heart Medical Center in Oregon.
- I obtained an Associates of Science in Nursing in 2000 and a Bachelors of Science in Maternal & Child Health: Specializing in Lactation Consulting in 2010 from The Union Institute and University in conjunction with Healthy Children & The Center for Breastfeeding.
- As a working mother of four children, ranging in age from7 to 14, I have a broad range of both personal and professional experiences in the hospital, birth center and home birthing communities.
- Advanced certifications include NRP, ACLS, Advanced Nurse Lactation Consultant (ANLC) & Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
Prenatal Classes are recommended between 30-36 weeks of pregnancy. Here's what some past participants have said about the class...
"This class has helped with my confidance to give support, especially as a first time father."
"I really liked the relaxed feel & open forum of this class. It made it easy to be an active participant"
"Very good start for moms! I Learned ways to help my daughter while she's learning how to breastfeed."
"Very informative. I've been to other breastfeeding classes & they didn't talk about half the stuff that was discussed tonight."