Support When and Where You Need It Most...
Always have your baby with you for a scheduled home visit, partners and other support people are welcome!
- Home visits may be a good option for mothers who prefer a more private setting or who find it challenging to make it to an office or group.
- Lactation consultants can often spend more time exploring problems and individually tailoring recommendations in a private setting than in a group setting.
During Your Visit
In a home visit I provide support and guidance to help you breastfeed more comfortably and to help your baby feed more effectively. During a home visit I may :
- Review positioning, latch and normal breastfeeding patterns.
- Help you to refine your technique, read your baby's cues, and recognize when your baby is feeding effectively.
- Weigh your baby on a Medela BabyWeigh II Scale, before and after the feeding, so that we know your baby is getting an adequate amount of milk at the breast. If milk supply is a concern, we will also discuss ways to increase milk production.
After your home visit, I may :
- Provide a summary of discussions/recommendations from the consultation.
- Create a written plan to help you meet your goals.
- Follow-up by telephone.
- Fax any necessary information to you or your baby's MD, Midwife, Nurse Practitioner, or other allied healthcare professional.
- Submit an invoice to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
An initial home visit typically lasts approximately 1½ hours. Some mothers schedule a follow-up visit. I am supportive of your goal for our visit and hope to help you achieve independence and comfort when feeding your baby.
Call or Text to schedule your appointment